For Tour information, please contact Judy Combs at 641-929-3758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome/restroom break at Mutchler Community Center or Courthouse.
- One and a half hours: Davis County Historical Complex: Suggested highlights are Mormon built cabin and quilt constructed in it; a fantastic Civil War era quilt that inspired a book; experience Civil war Guerrilla raid via wall mural and narration; short living history narration of Civil War surgeon who built the home.
- Two and a half hours: Experience the National Register Historic Square and Courthouse: Tour the Second Empire (French Renaissance architectural style) Courthouse recognized as one of the best examples of this style in the U. S. Learn about the “human fly”. Visit the Weaver House B&B and National Historic landmark. Meet current owners and let them give you a glimpse of life of General James Weaver twice presidential candidate. Join us at the restored Iowa Theatre for a short performance by local community players.
- Choice of lunch at one of the several dining establishments with menus to fit your taste.
- Three-Four Hours: Narrated tour with step-on guide through a working Amish Community. Experience a working Amish farm-related task or business such as horseshoeing, hitching a team, a working stable and see where Percherons and Black Morgans are trained, an actual goat dairy, see how Amish buggy’s are built or raising organic produce. Shop at the large Dutch Country General Store for a great a snack, specialty food items, primitives and country items galore or Yoder’s Kountry Korner for quilts, furniture and gifts. Stop East of Drakesville and visit Shady Lane Variety/T Corner Woodworking–for furniture, small hand craft items and your hearts desire of various items
- Lodging: Overnight lodging with continental breakfast is available.