Davis County Courthouse
The original Davis County courthouse was erected in Bloomfield in 1844 for a total cost of $339. The building was 24 by 40 feet and made of logs. By 1851 it was deemed unsuitable for use and a courtroom had to be rented for $100 a year. A Methodist church was eventually used as a courtroom and it was not until 1875 that an election finally authorized the construction of a new courthouse.
Davis County Historical Society Complex
The Davis County Historical Society was incorporated in 1962. Since that time, the complex has grown to include five buildings: the two-story brick Findley home, the Mormon log cabin, the Livery Barn, the Wheeler Ridge School, and the Savannah Christian Church.
For more information please contact: The President Nancy Clancy at 641/664-2684 or 641/664-1304. Vice President Cherri Casteel at 641/777-3848.
The Iowa Mormon Trail Sites
Over 80,000 Mormons traveled through Davis County during their move to Utah between the years of 1846 and 1860. Ruts, gardens, cabins can be found throughout the various Iowa Mormon Trail Sites.
Davis County Welcome Center
Davis County’s official Iowa Welcome Center, located three blocks north of Bloomfield’s Square on Highway 63, is staffed six days a week by volunteers to direct visitors to local sites of interest, great restaurants, lodging, and other businesses. Local, regional and statewide tourism information is available.
Trimble-Parker Historic District
Four barns and the big house are what remain of the original collection of farm buildings in the Trimble-Parker Historic District. Most prominent is the U-shaped barn built in 1901.