Davis County Historical Society Complex
The Davis County Historical Society was incorporated in 1962. Since that time, the complex has grown to include five buildings: the two-story brick Findley home, the Mormon log cabin, the Livery Barn, the Wheeler Ridge School, and the Savannah Christian Church.
Dr William Findley Home
The former home of Dr. William Findley, which was built in 1844, now houses several collections and historical monuments.
Harbour Log Cabin
This one-room, walnut log cabin was given by Mr. and Mrs. Tom Harbour of Belknap. The Mormons hand-hewed the logs for the cabin so they could stay here over the winter. The cabin was built around 1848.
The barn was built in 1920 and houses a variety of collections from farm tools and home products to a large collection of made-to-scale horse drawn equipment.
Wheeler Ridge School
The one-room school house was formerly the Center No. 5 School that was located on Wheeler Ridge in the northwest part of Davis County.
Savannah Christian Church
This church was moved to the site from Savannah. It is available for meetings, weddings and other events.
Open Memorial Day through Labor Day
Tours by appointment – please call 641-208-6621 or 641-680-0622.