Mormon Log Cabin (Bloomfield)
Mormon Log Cabin (Drakesville)
Over 80,000 Mormons traveled through Davis County during their move to Utah between the years of 1846 and 1860. Ruts, gardens, cabins can be found throughout the various Iowa Mormon Trail Sites.
Davis County features these Mormon Trail sites:
- Mormon Log Cabin – restored and exhibited at the Davis County Historical Complex in Bloomfield (205 South Dodge Street).
- Mormon Log Cabin – built in 1846, it is located in Drakesville, where the Pioneer Trail splits forming the Trace Trail.
For more information, see “The Mormon Pioneer Trail Across Iowa in 1846” website: www.nps.gov/mopi.
From Fort Madison:
1. Take U.S. Route 61 south to Montrose and U.S. Route 218.
2. Turn west onto U.S. Route 218.
3. Take U.S. Route 218 west to State Route 2.
4. Take State Route 2 west to State Route 204N.
5. Turn north onto State Route 204N.
6. Take State Route 204N north to State Route J20.
7. Turn west onto State Route J20.
8.Turn north onto U.S. Route 69.
9. Take U.S. Route 69 to U.S. Route 34.
10. Turn west onto U.S. Route 34.
11. Take U.S. Route 34 to State Route 25.
12. Turn north onto State Route 25.
13. Take State Route 25 north to State Route 92.
14. Turn west onto State Route 92.
15. Take State Route 92 to Interstate 29.
16. Turn north onto Interstate 29 and into Omaha, Nebraska.
Total original route miles in Iowa: 317 (Source for map and driving directions: www.nps.gov/mopi)